Title: Business Development Director
The primary function of the Business Development Director will be to identify new business opportunities for Frontida and bring proposals to close. The Director assures that sales leads and sales order communications are handled efficiently within the Frontida operation. This position works independently to conduct business development activities, proposal generation and negotiation with the customer. Leads, coaches and mentors junior BD team members. Assures efficient / effective oversite, communication and execution of all current proposals.
- Generating new business opportunities while managing and retaining relationships with existing clients.
- Meet annual sales target for new closed contracts.
- Assure that sales lead and sales order communications and associated internal project work at Frontida occurs efficiently, and meets or exceeds management expectations.
- Identifying and mapping customer needs to generate proposals. Gather and manage project information collected from external and internal sources.
- Use PipeDrive/Salesforce and other lead management tools.
- Increasing client base by having an in-depth knowledge of business products and by following and identifying product trends both locally and internationally.
- STEM degree and/or MBA
- At least 3-5 years of CDMO sales experience
- Detail oriented, organized, and excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Good business and operational knowledge
- Negotiation and closing skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Creativity and tenacity
- A good grasp of numbers and the ability to write documents in a professional style
- Organizational skills
- The ability to stay calm under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- The ability to keep objectives and goals firmly in sight
- The ability to remain flexible and seek alternative options to problems
- High degree of professionalism, ethics and integrity
- Ability to use PC based software programs (e.g. Microsoft® Word, Powerpoint & Excel)