Title: Material Handler
The Material Handlers in the Packaging Department are responsible for making sure that the packaging lines do not stop running because of material shortages, the material hoppers must be kept loaded. They remove finished product from the end of the line, mop floors, clean air vents and stage product for future jobs.
- Maintains lot integrity of component and product issues, delivers furnished goods to the quarantine area
- Stages packaging lines with bulk drug and packaging components for upcoming jobs
- Collects and removes packaging waste and recyclables from the staging area and delivers to the designated areas
- Assists with line clean up and product changeovers
- Performs routine checks to insure that the quality and production standards are met and that no violations to cGMP’s occur during the packaging of any product
- Ensures the scheduled floor sanitization and vent cleaning is performed as required
- Maintains a safe clutter free staging area, removing any excess waste containers or empty pallets
- Cleans areas during changeovers, following cGMP’s and SOP’s
- Works as a team with the other material handlers to ensure the cleanliness of the miscellaneous packaging areas (wash room, slat room, unused packaging lines and packaging component warehouse)Must participate and successfully complete all training as required by the company
- Must work as a team with other Material Handlers to keep the department stocked with drums of alcohol, soap, cases of trash liners, cleaning cloths, etc.
- Follows directions from the Line Leaders to meet customer demands and departmental goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- High school diploma/GED with some experience in related field or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- Forklift certification is a plus
- Ability to follow GMP’s and SOP’s