Title: Project Engineer
Apply engineering, technical, and project management principles to all aspects of the facility, systems, and equipment to ensure efficient and compliant operation in accordance with SOPs and cGMPs.
Responsible for timely completion of project tasks and overview of all overlapping projects so as to understand the impact of one project’s resource utilization on the company’s ability to finish other projects.
- Provide technical support and oversight when required to the Facility and Engineering Department personnel; may include giving direction to department staff, outside contractors, and co-op students
- Assume responsibilities of the Director, Facilities & Engineering, when necessary. Interface with other Departments on behalf of Director, Facilities & Engineering
- Analyze product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs that can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods
- Analyze engineering proposals, process requirements, and related technical data pertaining to industrial machinery and equipment design
- Manage all aspects of capital projects, as required, from conception to completion, including budgets, documentation, scheduling, and contractors. Project scopes and difficulty level may be higher than more complicated than those handled by Project Engineer Personnel
- Determine feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors
- Provide technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning
- Compile and analyze operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment
- Study engineering and technical publications to keep abreast of technical changes and developments in industry
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Must participate and successfully complete all training as required by the company
- Carry out all duties in accordance with SOPs, cGMPs, OSHA, and company safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (mechanical preferred) and 3-5 years related experience in an industrial manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Prior pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Auto Cad. Knowledge of Design software; Project Management software; and Automation/Control Software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and business related application packages highly desired, plus the ability to learn company-used applications
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability,statistical inference, fundamentals of plane, solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables