Title: Project Manager
Accountable for overall management of assigned projects with goals of timely project completion and client satisfaction. Responsible for resource planning for each project. Interfaces with every department internally and with client representatives having various functions including, but not limited to: Formulation and Analytical R & D, Business Development, Finance, Regulatory Affairs, QA / Compliance, Quality Control, Logistics and Manufacturing.
Responsible for timely completion of project tasks and overview of all overlapping projects so as to understand the impact of one project’s resource utilization on the company’s ability to finish other projects.
- Provide oversight and direction to ensure execution and delivery of all assigned projects on time and within budget
- Motivate the project team to achieve project objectives through successful completion of project tasks
- Effectively prioritize and coordinate the activities of the team. This includes building and maintaining the project timelines with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify resource conflicts and advises the senior management team when conflicts exist in order to keep the project on-track
- Arbitrates and resolves issues, conflict and interface problems within the project team and between functional partners and stakeholders
- Work closely with the clients and management/departmental leaders to overcome obstacles to project success
- Assure effective project team and internal/external communication, keeping all informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables
- Assure that project documentation is kept current, clear and transparent and is communicated as appropriate
- Escalate key decisions, issues, risks and opportunities as required to achieve project objectives
- Help to manage and build relationships with external partners, e.g., vendors, as appropriate
- Represent projects at required internal and external meetings to assure that priorities are communicated and understood, and that progress/delays/issues are reported
- Assist Business Development team to prepare proposals for additional opportunities presented by existing clients
- Must participate and successfully complete training as required by the company
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or business with 4+ years related project management, R&D, and/or manufacturing experience (drug substance or drug product) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Previous experience with pharmaceutical solid dosage manufacturing and working in a cGMP regulated environment
- Strong communication, organizational, and project management skills
- Capable of making quick assessments; taking corrective action using good judgment and appropriate decision making steps
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project) and business related application packages highly desired, plus the ability to learn company used applications. Knowledgeable in MS Project and JMP software highly desired
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and facilitate resolution of issues that may arise
- Ability to effectively present information to both in-house and external top management
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Effective leader under time pressure, team player, accurate and patient.