Title: R&D Project Manager
The successful candidate will be accountable for overall management of assigned projects with goals of timely project completion, adherence to project budgets and contracted activities, and client satisfaction. Responsible for resource planning for each project. Interfaces with every department internally and with client representatives having various functions including, but not limited to: Formulation and Analytical R & D, Business Development, Finance, Regulatory Affairs, QA / Compliance, Quality Control, Logistics and Manufacturing. Responsible for timely completion of project tasks and overview of all overlapping projects so as to understand the impact of one project’s resource utilization on the company’s ability to finish other projects.
- Manage and monitor project progress and timelines to ensure successful completion;
- Effectively prioritizes and coordinates the activities of the team. This includes building and maintaining the project timelines with internal and external stakeholders. Identifies resource conflicts and advises the senior management team when conflicts exist in order to keep the project on-track.
- Arbitrates and resolves issues, conflict and interface problems within the project team and between functional partners and stakeholders.
- Works closely with the clients and management/departmental leaders to overcome obstacles to project success.
- Assures effective project team and internal/external communication, keeping all informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Represents projects at required internal and external meetings to assure that priorities are communicated and understood, and that progress/delays/issues are reported.
- Escalates key decisions, issues, risks and opportunities as required to achieve project objectives.
- Helps to manage and build relationships with external partners, e.g., vendors, as appropriate.
- Assists Business Development team to prepare proposals or change order for additional opportunities presented by existing clients.
- Collaborate with financial sector throughout various stages of projects (invoices and revenue recognition)
- Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or business with 3-5+ years related project management, R&D, and/or manufacturing experience (drug substance or drug product) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Previous experience with pharmaceutical solid dosage, liquid or topical manufacturing and working in a cGMP regulated environment.
- Minimum 2-3 years of project management experience in GLP, Pharmaceutical, or CDMO environment.
- Mandarin Chinese preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication and strong client relationship management skills.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other computer skills.
- Good time management/organizational skills adopting a committed approach to providing a high level of customer service when managing multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated professionalism including excellent work ethic, positive attitude and experience communicating with external clients.